Sunday, February 20, 2011

Can you say AWKWARD!!!

So, I have decided that since I moved back to the same county in which I went to high school I need to review my year book. I have the worst memory of who people are from high school...the worst! This is what happened yesterday at Walmart...

The names have not been changed just so that anyone who reads this and knows the people I'm talking about will understand how BAD this situation really was!

The scene starts out with me waiting in line at check out. There was this beautiful, Asian woman in front of me turns around and says...

girl: "Nici Back!"

me: "Hey...(awkward pause)...Erica?"

girl: "Sarah"

me: "Namba?"

girl: "Trump."

Somethings that come out of my mouth I wish I could just UNDO, unfortunately this was one of those situations!

Needless to say the rest of the conversation was totally awkward as we pretended to catch up on each others lives!

AWKWARD!!! I guess if I'm going to live here I might want to brush up on the people who I went to high school with and might run into randomly at Walmart! Because it seems like every time I go I see someone who I once knew but usually I just turn around and go the other way...horrible I know!!!

But can you say AWKWARD!!! Just writing about it makes me feel awkward.

So, just in case, Sarah Trump, you one day find this blog and read this post I apologize for what might be the most awkward moment in my life! And you really don't look like Erica Namba...I just have a very bad memory! :)

3 comments:

lisa louise said...

Baahaha!!! I do the same thing.

Jess said...

HA HA HA HA!!! Story of my life... I have the WORST memory of High School and Jr. High... and they are both within 5 min of my house :) A kid I went to high school with moved into the ward a few months ago and he remembered my name but I couldn't remember his for the life of me. :) Oh and can we play next weekend? wanna come have dinner?

Chey said...

Very funny, since I know them both. I have done it many a time, it kinda sucks.