Ok, is this normal? I can think of nothing but BABY!!!! Here are some examples...
Story #1: I am the camp director in our ward and this past Thursday we had a big stake "kick off" meeting. We also had a meeting Wednesday night and talked about camp. I was well aware of the meeting but, I also told the assistants that I may not be there because the first Thursday of every month there is an adoption class through LDS services. They are required but we have finished our required 6 classes but I wanted to keep going to review all the info. So, Thursday night I had a camp meeting that I knew about and an adoption class that I wanted to attend. Sunday morning I woke up and realized that I missed the camp meeting. Thinking back to Thursday night I tried to remember what I did...yeah I got home from work, cooked dinner and sat down to watch our Thursday night shows with Ryan!
NO CAMP MEETING AND NO ADOPTION MEETING!!!!
All I think about is baby and there is no space for other things in my brain!
Story #2: I praise myself on being a good employee and doing things right the first time. Well, in the last monthly meeting with all the Director's and Administrator's my boss mentioned that, "Nici never has anything returned from the "main office" and gets things right the first time" Well, this past week I had THREE things returned!!!!! One of them the only thing that was wrong was that I forgot to SIGN MY NAME!!!! I think I am going crazy!
It's kind of funny but is it normal? I constantly think about the birth mother, the adoption, and the baby!!! I even dream baby! :)
So, Crazy or Normal?
Although, we did wear ourselves out on baby. Saturday we went and registered at Babies R Us and by the time we were done I was worn out!!! After thinking of every little thing we might need and scanning so many bar codes--my brain was fried! :) Registering is a work out! :)
7 comments:
So normal! I think it is that way with any parents and kids. I feel like I am constantly forgetting things because I am thinking of our new baby or our toddler. Its a mom thing. Good luck!
We are so happy for you! I hate to say it...but this is only the beginning! My brain is always on the kids, even while I am typing this, I am thinking about what they are doing=)
Registering at Baby's R Us sounds fun! The first one is always a little overwhelming. You definitely find out what you really needed and could have lived without!
Nici!
YAY! We are SO happy for you guys - I have tears in my eyes right now! Congrats!
Lisa
I agree, so normal! My work went waaay downhill when I was pregnant, because I spent all day daydreaming about Dylan.
Now that Dylan is here, I think that I am a little less absentminded, but I'll never be back to my pre-baby mindedness.
We're so excited for you and Ryan! Any names that you've been able to agree on?
NORMAL totally NORMAL!
So since EVERY one has reassured you that you're normal, I won't be redundant. However, what is NOT normal is that the rest of us had 9 months to plan and sort things out before our little one arrived. I can't imagine what only knowing a few weeks a head of time would do to me! Congrats again guys, we are so happy for you!
Totally Normal! You guys are doing great! When Pat was born he was enduced a month early. I had been working full time and the Dr. we used was in Indianapolis, long story, I went up one day and stayed and had Pat 2 days later. We did not have anything ready for him. Greg needed to work on Ryan's baby bed so we used an antique bed Grammy had for awhile, definately not child proof. It is a crazy time indeed! As parents your thoughts will always be about your kids. They squeeze into every brain cell you have . Enjoy every moment!
Post a Comment