Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Details...

Thank you for all your support, we are really excited about this. We can hardly believe it is happening and so quickly! But, right now I wouldn't have it any other way. This will be a very hectic month and a half--but I would probably drive myself crazy if I had to much time to wait. :)

Question/Answers:

Boy or Girl?
-BOY!!! :)

Race?
-White/African American

Where from?
-Oklahoma (we will have to stay there for a couple of weeks after the baby is born. Our case worker has to file paperwork to allow us to leave OK and enter UT with the baby, they said it could take 10 days to about 2 weeks. Nothing like spending your first two weeks with a newborn in a hotel room!)

Names?
-Ryan VETO'S just about everyone I throw out there...so, NO. Boy names are tough! Any suggestions? :)

Due Date?
-4/4/10 (which will be 40 weeks) but on Monday the dr. told her she will be to term at 37 weeks and that he thinks she will be early!!!

The Birth mother:
-Amazing! She has been so great. We get a long really well and we are looking forward to having an open adoption with her. She is 15 years old (16 in Feb.). She has an amazing understanding of the purpose of adoption--we often have to remind ourselves that she is only 15. She found us through the LDS profiles. The father is her 17 year old boyfriend.

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? :)

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

WOW!! How exciting! My due date was 4/4 last year... kinda crazy! Hope everything goes smoothly these next few weeks!

Sarah said...

YAY!!!!!! I can't believe this all happened so quickly for you. That's awesome. Andie was born April 4th...

Boy names are TOUGH!! Good luck. We are naming our future boy Drew. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happpy for you:)

sarahbclark! said...

fantastic! i'm so excited for you guys!

Holly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you and Ryan. I can't wait to see the new edition to your little family.

Lisa B. said...

I am still waiting for you to e-mail me bandlbarkdull@yahoo.com. We need to talk about dinner!!!

Drew & Danielle said...

WOW! That is awesome! We are so excited for you guys! Keep us updated... can't wait to see pics!

Sarah and Mike said...

Woo-hoo! I can not wait to meet your little guy! Congratulations!!

Jack Bartnett said...

Terri and I are so excited for you guys. We know that you'll be great parents. We will keep you both in our prayers. Hope to see you in Columbus with the little guy in the future.

Taylor Kowallis said...

ahhh!! I just found out!! Congrats Nici and Ryan!!! I just got goosebumps!! Cant wait to see picks of the little guy!!! Love you both!