Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"I Need A Hobby"

Have you ever heard someone say, "I need a hobby?" Well, I think I found one.... I have been a busy bee. It all started with the bag, then the diaper bag, and now this, I am hooked!...
Baby Booties

So, I got my hair cut again this week and, Summer, who cuts my hair is pregnant. We were talking about knit booties and I got this idea to make felt booties. Here are the first two pairs that I made--Summer these are coming your way :). I found the patterns on Heather Bailey and Martha Stewart.
Knot Dress

This is Jayci...the cutest little girl in our wards nursery. The other day she had on the most fabulous dress ever (this one).
I had to come home and TRY to recreate it. I used fabric that I had lying around...Pink denim (NICE!) Anyway, it turned out pretty cute, I thought. The original dress came from
Matilda Jane. If you have little girls it is a MUST SEE!
Thanks Jill for letting me use Jayci's pictures.
I had to post this picture too because I thought it was so delicate and beautiful!

I have really enjoyed learning to sew and make things. Also, I love all the blogs and craft websites that give me ideas and keep me motivated!
Maybe one day I will have my own little kids to make things for but as for now...All Friends and Family keep having babies so that I can keep making you things! :)
Yea...I have a hobby!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Soooooo cute!!! There's a spring dress on Matilda Jane that I want to recreate for Jayci now, will you help me? I'm glad you posted the dress, you're so talented!!!

jjjjfam.blogspot.com if you ever want to stop by.

Jess said...

Super great job, and so adorable. Seriously, name a day to do our craft day so you can help me with those booties, I have felt already! I am glad someone else enjoys sewing as much as I do! Check out the quote I put about creating on my blogs... I will be trying that dress soon!

Dede said...

Oh my goodness Nici...you are so crafty. And to think, only a short time ago you didn't even own a sewing machine. And now look at you.

P.S. I have received so many compliments on the bag you made. Seriously, people ask me where I got it all the time and I am oh so proud to say you made it. They are always amazed that it was handmade. Thanks again!

summonz said...

NICI ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!??! THOSE ARE THE CUTEST THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN! YOU ARE WAAAAAYYY TOOO TALENTED! I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU WOULD MAKE SOMETHING FOR ME! YOU ARE WAY TOOO SWEET! NOW I AM REALLY MAD THAT RYAN FORGOT THEM ON THE KITCHEN TABLE!!! :) THANK YOU!!!!

Felt-o-rama said...

Fantastic job on the booties! They are truly addictive once you make your first pair :)