Saturday, March 14, 2009

Diaper Bag

My friend Dede just had a baby this past weekend...again CONGRATULATIONS! I made her this diaper bag. I was really excited to do it and then got really overwhelmed. I just wanted to make it something she would like and also something useful. Since I have never had to use a diaper bag I in listed my good friend, Jess, to give some suggestions about what good diaper bags have....pockets and cleanable. Thus...here is the final project:
The outside fabric is a laminated fabric and you can just wipe it clean from spills or dirt.
There are three pockets on the outside. One with a flap, one for a bottle, and one large one in the front. It also closes with a metal/magnetic clasp.
The strap is adjustable.
The inside is a jersey/sport fabric...also wipeable! There are 5 pockets: one long one across the front, 3 elastic bottle pockets and another straight one on the other side.

It has stroller straps to hang from the handle of a stroller. (very happy about those:))

There is a detachable key clip. (very happy about this as well :))

Matching diaper/wipes case.

Yeah, I know the Velcro is crooked...don't judge :). It wasn't crooked when I originally sewed it on. Anyway, it closes good enough.
I am very happy with the final project and I hope that Dede finds it useful for her and her new baby!
Jess also, thanks for taking all my countless calls and brain storming with me!

7 comments:

Jess said...

I LOVE it! I was so happy to help btw, not a deal at all. I love you and sewing so i am happy to help you with sewing! I think it turned out so great!

Sarah said...

Thats awesome!!!!! Can I pay you to make me one?!? Serious. I love it. Did u get my FB message about Saturday?

Nicole Fryer said...

That is the cutest diaper bag I have seen you are so good! Are you making them for other people?

Danielle said...

I love the bag. I don't have a need for the diaper bag but I would love a purse. So when you have time to work on it let me know :)

Dede said...

Nici!!!! I can't thank you enough!!!! We have used it and it is awesome! I went to dinner at my mom's last night and my family couldn't believe you made it. It is perfect. You are very talented and such a great friend. THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES!!!

Jess said...

I know I already posted on this blog but I just thought of something brilliant I want to make out of that laminated fabric... a coat. Like a really cute raincoat, for me, or maybe Addie. She needs a jacket. You have inspired me!

traci said...

That is amazing. I haven't even tried laminated fabric because I gave oil cloth a try and nearly pulled out my hair. It has everything you need in a diaper bag with all the extras.