Thursday, January 22, 2009

Student Once Again

That's right, I went back to school! Well, actually I went back to institute. Ryan is in school M-Th until 8pm and I just hang out at home so I decided to take an institute class. Last night was my first night. I forgot how funny and kind of weird institute teachers are....I am amazed that once upon a time I thought I could be one. They are so animated and in a way entertainers. My teachers was actually quite entertaining! I really liked the class but I have been away from the school scene for awhile and I felt a little out of place with all the bunches of young girls gathered together that talked and giggled the entire time. Oh, and the best part was the last 30 minutes where we only talked about how to get married! It made me wonder if I was actually ready to be in that environment again! But, I am stickin to it.
I love the Book of Mormon and it is the perfect setting to get someone else's perspective on it and learn great insight that I have never thought of before! And since I am in the nursery the second hour of church and the YW the third I feel deprived of being taught from the scriptures.
This student thing may stick for awhile. I am going to try to take a photography class in the summer. Ryan is taking it right now and it is really cool. Then in the fall we want to take the next step up photography class together. We'll see! I am happy with institute for now.... I kind of like my free nights!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Congratulations on taking a class! :-) I often wish I were still a student, and while being a full-time student isn't an option right now, I would love to at least take a class from time to time to keep my mind fresh. Good luck! :-)