Friday, September 28, 2007

MY Premiere Week Review

One word...TIVO! With tivo we are able to tape all our favorite shows. This week all of our shows started back up and also a few new ones. This is my full review of all the TV shows this fall. There is a lot to go over so we better get started!
First of all I love PB & J! Pam & Jim come out of the closet...check out the video:
I don't know about you but I loved the premiere of The Office. I still think Michael is completely politically incorrect but hilarious. I just think that the acting is great and everyone does a great job. I am excited to see where this season will go...I was just so happy when we found out that Pam and Jim are dating. I am a super big fan of the two of them. And I loved that they couldn't stop smiling..maybe we will be seeing a wedding. :) I can't wait till next Thursday! What I don't like is that is it only 30 minutes a week.
Another reason I can't wait till next Thursday is Grey's Anatomy.
I think I might be obsessed with Grey's. It was weird to see all the old inters now as residents, I hope that it will still be easy to see the chemistry that the cast has. I love that McDreamy is so in love with Meredith. I liked when he defended her to McSteamy. I also liked when George told Izzy that he loved her even though it means that his marriage is messed up. Things that I am already over,,,One, Pitty-party George. I liked George the best when he liked Meredith and he was happy and funny. Lately he has just been mean and sad. I don't like sad George. Also, I do not think that I am a fan of Lexi Grey. She seems too happy and perky for this show. I just didn't think that she meshed very well. Lastly, I am over all the women at Seattle Grace being so hard. It is like they don't have any feelings. Christina was left on her wedding day and then found out that Burk is gone forever and didn't seem to really care and Meredith has so much going on and doesn't seem to be affected...They are all just FINE! But it is still my favorite show!
Monday night is a great TV night too. Starting with Prison Break. The good thing is that Michael and Lincoln are still hot! This show is just so intense I swear it is already giving me an ulcer:) The prison that Michael is in right now is so intense it makes me nervous for him. I think the new guy that Michael saved is going to end up being a cool addition to the show. I do think that this season is a bit darker this season than last season. The people in the prison are really creapy and super scary. Although, I do worry about how many prisons Michael will have to break out of before the show is taken off the air. But don't get me wrong I love this show. If you don't watch this show I suggest you watch last season and get into it. It really is a good show.
Also, helping Monday nights in giving me an ulcer is another intense and suspenseful show... HEROS. There are a bunch of new twists and stories this season. I wasn't too sure about the whole show but I tell you what the last ten minutes were really good and now I can't wait till Monday. I know it will probably take the whole season to tell the story but I want to know... What happened to Peter Petrelli? His story alone got me hooked. And what what is up with the girl from Mexico? The first episode opened so many new stories and I can tell this season will be just as intense as last season if not more. Check it out if you haven't already.
And on to two new shows that we checked out...one flop and one that could possibly be awesome! CHUCK. The commercials left you hanging because you really didn't know what to
expect so we watched it and almost turned it off. I few thing about it... Chuck could have played Jim on The Office, they kind of look the same. It was kind of like two story lines... Scrubs meets Alias. Chucks life was supposed to be funny and the agents life is supposed to be serious. It is kind of different. I am not a critic but I don't know if it will make it for too long. It is kind of weird. Chuck calls his sisters girlfriend "Captain Awesome" because he says awesome a lot...it was kind of funny. We might watch one more week to give it a fair chance. The other show that Ryan was excited about so we tuned in was Bionic Woman. It was a little bloody in the beginning but when all was said and done...we really liked it. We really like Alias when it was on ans before they cut the show pretty much mid season and this show seems like it is going to be another Alias. I loved Jennifer Gardner...I think she did a great job so I kept comparing this girl to her. I had mixed feelings. Sometimes I thought she was really tough but other times she just seems a little weird. I think she will grow on me. Oh and Burk (from Grey's) is going to be on this show. It will be interesting to see him as a different character other than Burk...but I will miss him on Grey's.
So, this is my review. There were a lot more shows but, you can probably agree with me when I say we have a full week of tv watching and can't get anymore in. Like I said thank heaven for TIVO! :) Well, tell me what you thought about premiere week...maybe you can tell me about a good show you liked that we could add to the list:) We wish you happy tv watching this tv season.

3 comments:

Nici said...

I just want everyone to know I never watched TV until I got married and now I'm hooked.

This is a list of the shows this week in order of their awesomeness:
1) The Office
2) Prison Break
3) Heros
4) Grey's (she got me hooked)
5) Bionic Women (this show has potential)
6) Chuck

There are some shows that I'm waiting for too:
1) 24 (still a faithful fan even after Jack Bauer has saved the country more times than you can count on one hand)
2) Lost It is going to be sweet!!!

Along with being grateful for TIVO I would like to say thank you to whoever gave us the gift of HiDef. It truly is awesome, thank you.

Ryan

Dede said...

Wow...you guys are busy. I too can't wait for Lost to come back. I'm just watching Grey's and The Office. And, we already discussed my feelings about those last night.

Brett and Lisa said...

Nici - you are SO funny! I, too was looking forward to this week. I thought the office was so great and I LOVED the pam and Jim thing, too. But, the sad thing is that it probably won't work out at least right away because those things never do. Second Greys was good. I liked how it was not as dramatic as last season and started out a little lighter. I am sad because Brett and I had DVR last year, but we moved into student housing and don't have it this year. So that makes things hard... especially Thursday nights. Thank goodness for abc online! Anyway, you guys are great! Thanks for the fun post!