Saturday, September 29, 2007

Since it's 12:30 am and I'm rockin' it.....

I thought I should do a post since I've only done one since the conception of our blog happened over a few months ago. I've been hanging out on iTunes the past few days looking to buy a few songs. I told Nici I was just going to get to 4-5 songs, but tonight I ended up with about 10. Ooops. I don't feel bad though, since she has bought 2 or 3 entire ablums in one sitting.

Here is what I got:
"To Be With You" Mr. Big
"Stone Cold Crazy" Metallica
"Icky Thump" White Stripes
"Seven Nation Army" (Live) White Stripes
"The Hardest Button to Buttion" White Stripes
"Blue Orchid" White Stripes
"We're Going to Be Friends" White Stripes
"Feel in Love with a Girl" White Stripes
"Thnks Fr Th Mmrs" Fall Out Boy

Why Mr. Big? I was just browsing through all the Hair Bands music and saw that and they are pretty sweet. First trip for them to my iPod.

Why Metallica? They are the greatest band ever. And this song comes from the only CD of theirs I don't have: Garage, Inc. Disc 2

The White Stripes might just be my new favorite band. Icky Thump has been killed on the radio already here in Phoenix, but I liked it so much I got on and previewed all their songs on iTunes. I only bought the more famous songs, but I will be buying more in the future. Their old stuff is awesome. The live version I got of "Seven Nation Army" is awesome, very cool if you're into stuff live. They are just so cool.

Fall Out Boy you may say? I know, I know Ryan you're a dork. But I like them even if there is no substance to their music and blah blah blah like everyone else says. They are coming in November, I kind of want to go.

I'm always looking for some sweet new music so anyone reading this comment on some of your fav. bands and I'll check them out. I searched a few hours to find something I never heard before and didn't come up with much so please share. No Kelly Clarkson please.

And if anyone is looking for some new good music here are some bands I listen to alot lately:
AFI (fav of all time right there)
Muse (very very cool)
Red Jump Suit Apparatus
The Foo Fighters (these guys always put out good stuff, even if it does get played alot on the radio it is great)
Rise Against
The Who (classic but great)

I could go on for awhile about sweet bands, why I think they rock, and why you should listen to them, but now it's 12:47 and I have to go to work tomorrow.

3 comments:

Greg said...

How about some Harry Chapin, Joni Mitchel, Judy Collins or Dan Fogleberg? A little before your time but some of their stuff is still being remade today. Good music will always be good music Dude.

Nici said...

Althought I am thrilled to see you put a comment, I'm not too sure that is my type of music. But to be fair I will look them up on iTunes.

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you didn't buy St. Anger over Garage Inc.