Wes is ONE!!!
I can't believe my little baby has been in our lives for a year! It has been quite the growing year...for all of us! :) Rachel came from Oklahoma to spend the week of celebration with us. You know how I said in my last post that I had 4 days off? Well, there is a worst case scenario at my work and that is when the state surveyors show up ONCE A YEAR! Worst case scenario happened Monday at 7:30am! They walked in the building at 7:30am and I was there an hour later. Basically worked normal hours the rest of my vacation. It was a total BUST! But, we still had fun when I wasn't at work.
Here is a full "picture" re-cap of the party...
The Birthday Cake! This was the cake that I made for just Wes...you know, the dive in a eat like crazy make!
This is what the guests had...if you were lucky to have one! I totally under estimated on food and we ran out! So, I'm not the great host I always wanted to be. :(
THE BIRTHDAY BOY!!! Rachel made him this cutest shirt. I just loved it. Can't you just tell he is PUMPED for his birthday? :)
The back of the shirt...
Then we watched his favorite music video...Stronger by Will i am and the Sesame Characters :)
Then he, well I, opened his presents...he had a blast! One great toy after another...
We sang happy birthday while he wore his "Happy Birthday" hat for 20 seconds. Then came the cake. I wondered what it was going to be like because he is not an aggressive eater as it is so to be able to just dig in might be weird to him. And it was! We turned the video camera off after about 15 minutes of him picking individual sprinkles off and eating them. It was too funny. He was a very dainty eater! ;)
But as you can see he managed to make a mess! :)
Oh, and we did party hats but as I went through the pictures it seems like I'm the only one who really kept it on throughout the entire party!
On the day of his actual birthday we went to the Cheesecake Factory...why there? Well, as all parents do 4 hours after their baby is born they go out to lunch to the Cheesecake Factory while the birth mom gets some alone time with baby...isn't that what everyone does? Oh well, we went a year ago on this day so we decided to bring him this time.
Wes got a few last minutes presents before bedtime... mom and dad got him a Build-a-bear at the mall and Rachel got him this piano which we plays 24/7! Over all I think Wes had a great birthday--I know we had a great time Celebrating him!
This may have been my favorite thing about the party...
I took a picture each month with that darn monkey so I had to do something with them. So, I made this and had Costco print it as a "Poster Size" and we hung it up at the party. I was fun to see his growth, measurements, and mile stones all in one place. I know I'm weird but this is a keep sake! :)

3 comments:
I love that poster!! I want to do one for gabe but there is like 3 months I dont have with the truck. :(. Did Rachel get a poster? That would be a cool gift?? Anyway. It was a fun party!!
I don't think the poster is weird at all. I think it is awesome. Very cool.
The cutest grandson ever! It was a great party! Loved the decorations, the balloon hats, the 1 year old shirt, the food, Rachel, the family and friends, everything else and my grandson and his parents! Thanks for a wonderful time! I have loved following the pictures and that poster was so cool....
Post a Comment