Sunday, November 28, 2010

Traditions

Is it just me or does everyone feel like they need to establish traditions when you have kids? Maybe it's just me but since having Wes in our family I feel this need to have our own family traditions even though he is still so young. Ry and I have traditions but mostly ones that kids might not love like going to a Bed & Breakfast every New Year's Eve. So, when Ryan was little they went and cut down their Christmas tree each year and I LOVE THIS...so this is our new Christmas Tradition. We started this year! We found a tree farm in Farr West (yes, that is actually the name of a town that is not near Far Far Away in a Shrek movie :) ). We loved it!
Here is Wes all bundled up for the drive there...
Wes got to hitch a ride in his back pack. He seemed to be happy. His little nose and cheeks were bright RED but he always had a smile on his face.
After looking and looking we found one we loved. It took this tree 8-10 years to finally fulfill it's Christmas Destiny!
We each took a turn sawing. Ryan took a much longer turn than I did. :)

A man and his tree!

Happy as ever!
Me and my little guy!

Unthawing on the way back home!
The finished product! It was a lot bigger in our house than it looked outside so we had to trim it on the top and sides quite a bit to make it fit. It is still pretty huge but it's fun to have a huge tree we picked and cut down ourselves. Also, it's not perfect like trees we've had in the past that we've gotten from tree lots this one has personality!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Thanks for carrying on the tradition! Some of my fondest memories and pictures of the boys! let's see 30 years ago ryan? your first christmas! Love you guys

Drew & Danielle said...

I love it! It looks like you guys had a great time starting your family christmas tradition... we are jealous you get to enjoy a white Christmas.

Jess said...

U R hardcore. So cute. I love it.

Jane said...

I love this! :-) The tree is absolutely gorgeous and just perfect. Of course, Wes is darling as well. So cute!

I love and miss you guys!