A very important date in the life of the Jones'. This is the day Wes LEGALLY became Wes Ryan Jones! :)
We finalized the adoption Friday morning. It was a new experience since neither of us have ever been to court before. It was very official. The only thing missing was the Law & Order "Ding Dong".
After we were all sworn in our Lawyer asked our case worker questions, then Ryan, then me. It was actually all pretty cool. I did get teary eyed at one point when the Lawyer asked Ryan what life has been like having Wes in our family. Just hearing him talk about Wes being in our family and having felt the joy he described made me choke up a bit (but no tears!). Then it was my turn to answer the questions and it was over. The Judge was AWESOME!!!
He gave tribute to Rachel as a birth mother and said how amazing she is for carrying Wes full term "when we live in an abortion world". I can't agree more. I tell Rachel all the time how awesome she if for what she did for Wes and us. We would not have the family we do without her. She is such a special person to us. Sometimes I wish we could adopt her too. :) Adoption is an amazing thing and it has truly changed my life in more ways than I can count.
Enough of the blabber...here are the pictures
This was Wes's court attire (just like Great Grampy! :)). The Judge said, "a hat fit for court". We thought so...

Kim (our case worker), the FAM, Judge Davis, Todd Wahlquist (our Lawyer)
(Say "I" if you think I need to lose about 50 lbs... "I" ...didn't I do that once upon a time?
Why does it always take a piture to make you REALLY see it?)
Judge Davis and Wes (He got down off the stand and put his robe on Wes and let him hold his gavel...it was pretty funny)
Pictures of breakfast at Jim's afterwards...
Look at those eyes, they kill me...
THIS IS WES, HE'S OUR SON! :)
8 comments:
Congratulations! Such an amazing day! And Wes's outfit is adorable!!!
YEAH!!!!!!! What an amazing day. We couldn't be happier for you guys.
Your SON and my first GRANDCHILD ....he's the best and he has the best PARENTS TOO!!!!!
Love his eyes. Congratulations.
This is the best news ever! I'm so happy for you.
Congratulations! He is so cute! I love those great big eyes.
Oh I love this post. Big Congrats to you guys and Wes looks SOOOO DANG CUTE in these pictures I could just Die. Three Cheers for you and for Wes.
Congrats! Wes is such a cute little boy! How long do you have to wait to have Wes sealed to you?
I'm not sure if Ryan ever talks to Jeremy anymore, but we are back to being unemployed. Jeremy quit his job about 2 weeks ago.... But we already have a job offer and will hopefully be employed again in a week!
Post a Comment