Friday, June 26, 2009

Possibly the Longest Post In America!

This might just be...but suck it up and read on! :)
Yes, I know I have been back from camp a few weeks now but man, this month has been busy!!! So, let me begin....
First off, thank you for all your book suggestions...I will read them all! :) And second, Yes, Jess I do want to hang out and a sewing party sounds like fun! Call me!
This was my first year at girls camp and it was a blast. We had every kind of weather you could think of from sun to snow and everything in between. But, the weather was great when it needed to be. The two months prior to camp our stake YW, the leaders, and their parents fasted for good weather and like I said we had it all but during the important times it was great! I got to know so many of the young girls in the ward...it took me back to my EFY counselor days, oh, and acting 16 again! :) I also found out that many of the girls think my husband is a FOX! I think so but a little awkward to think that the teenage girls say that about him. oh, well he is! :) Ryan got to come up for a couple of days as the Priesthood and it was great to have him there. We had a lot of fun! We learned to flick whipped cream from our wrists to our mouths!

And as the Camp Director I was crowned "Queen Jones" I was equipped with my own crown, cape, and sword...I also got to "Knight" the Priesthood members when they came up,

then Ryan brought me up these most beautiful flowers!

I was really lucky! Wehad to kiss 100 times because everyone was trying to take a picture and then 1/2 would yell, "I didn't get it!" and we would have to do it again! They are some funny girls! I had a blast! Oh, and they thought I was 26 years old...gotta feel good about yourself when that happens. :) One little Beehive said 22...she got extra peach cobbler that night! :)

The day I got home from camp Ry was riding in a "Cure for Diabetes" ride. I thought I was going to miss the whole thing because it was up in Brigham City but I got home fast, unpacked fast, and showered fast, I was able to make it up there and surprise him at the finish line with my family. He was awesome!
This is what he did:
That means: 105.23 MILES in 5 hours and 54 minutes! AMAZING! This was his longest ride and I think he did a great job! I am really proud of him. This is what awaited him at the finish line! Nieces & nephews who attacked! :) He really loves cycling!
Then the following week out of the blue we find out that my little sister and her husband were going through the temple and being sealed after about 7 years of marriage. It was amazing! I was so grateful to have witnessed it! They worked really hard to get here. And as you can see she is days away from have another little baby, but this time it is a boy! Monday I will be an aunt again! :)
ok, so you can't see her belly just trust me she is ready to POP!
The girls looked so beautiful in their white dresses! Although, I think the Temple needs to make their Youth Center less fun! I was talking to Aulbanie (the older one, she is 6) when they were taking pictures and I asked her if she knew what she did in "that room up there" (speaking of the sealing) her reply was, "yeah, I watched a movie, colored a picture, oh, and I got my very own locker!" (she was very excited about that last one!) I said, "No, the other room" her reply, (sounding bored), "oh, I just sat there." I had to laugh! One day she will know the significance of what happened in the "other room" and be so happy!
Then to top off the already busy Month of July we are in the middle of Youth Conference. We hiked the Y tonight and tomorrow we have a whole new fun filled day of Young Women and Men! Yeah for us! So, those pictures are to come! :)
I tell you what though, we truly love our callings in the young women's and young men's! We love being able to serve near each other and just hanging out with them. I feel we have both grown so much in the past year and have found so much JOY in serving the Lord!
Well, if you have made it this far...consider yourself a
TRUE FRIEND!!!
I guess you could say this is my "I'm Back!" post.

4 comments:

Brett and Lisa said...

First of all, congratulations, Ryan! I can't believe I missed seeing you walk like you just got off a horse (or a bike after 105 miles). That is seriously awesome! Great job!

And holy cow! I did not know Britt and Chad were getting sealed! That is so great. I am so happy for them and their cute girls. Thanks for keeping me in the loop on our family matters! :)

Love you guys!

Oh, and Nic, just so you don't feel left out...you're great too! You know where you sit in my line of cousins.

Sarah said...

So i kinda breezed through, but fun post. I love all the youth stuff. What a great place to be serving! Tell Ryan way to go on the ride. I don't know how times go with biking, but it sounds really good!

Sarah and Mike said...

Great to see you guys working with the youth. They are so lucky!

Jess said...

I made it! I read the whole thing... I have been missing you guys so it was good to catch up! GREAT JOB Ryan, and I am so happy to hear about Britt and Chad. That is just AWESOME!! Also congrats on your new little nephew. We need some pics of that little guy.