Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I've Gone GREEN

Spinach Shake
My friend, Jill, posted this recipe on her blog so I thought I would try it. I love shakes and don't mind spinach and I am always looking for new ways to get my veggies in. So, I tried it....and the verdict is in...LOVE IT! You really can't taste the spinach! Not that I would mind but the combo of fruits and spinach kind of makes your eye brows raise, but it is really good. I can see why even her kids love it. Jill's kids call it the "green drink" which is a great idea...I had to tell Ryan the same thing. :) He is not a big veggie eater but he really liked this...so it passed the test! Try it for yourself! You will be happy that you did and you may even get your kids (or husband) to finally like eating their veggies!

Get the recipe here:
SPINACH SHAKE

I have only tried the first recipe but I add fresh lime juice (yummy!) and I half the recipe which makes about 3 cups (i think).

Happy Veggie Drinking!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

tried it!! it sounded so good I went to costco that day to buy their big container of spinach. thanks for the tip.