Sunday, July 22, 2007

How sweet cycling is!

I found a new love the past month. Cycling. About a month ago I had a crazy idea to get in shape that I should buy a bike and ride it to work everyday. I'm so out of shape that I still haven't ridden both ways to work yet for a whole week. The goal now is to ride one way then drive home the other way. That would still be alomst 100 miles a week which I think is really good for me. To get an idea of how it works:
Monday am--drive to work
Monday pm--ride home
Tuesday am--ride to work
Tuesday pm--drive home
and soon on. That way I don't have to pack tons of cloths in a back pack. Also, I don't have to get up every morning at the butt crack of dawn and get home after dark. And talk about saving gas! That just might be the best part.
After about two weeks of researching online and going to stores to look at bikes and ride some. I decided on Cannondale. I found out they have the best frame for the money. I knew that I wanted aluminum cause I would never be able to afford carbon fiber right now. But Cannondale puts the same frame on all of their bikes. So if you buy the least expensive or the most expensive aluminum frame from them it doesn't matter. What changes is the level of components. I liked the idea knowing I have a really good frame and that if I wanted to I could upgrade the components and still have a really good frame.

One Saturday I finally got Nici to go look with me at some bike shops. I found all the Cannondale dealers around us and we were going to go check three of them out. The first one we went to was Focus Cyclery in Gilbert. We both really liked the store and the sales guy, Jesse, was way helpful. I liked it so much that I never buy anything anywhere else. Looking around he showed me an '06 model that was about $500 more than I wanted to spend, but it was in my size. So I road it and of course it was totally painful and I thought I would never be comfortable or able to ride it more than a mile, but I liked it more than other brands I had ridden before. He lowered the price to how much I wanted to spend and so it was the one for me. I was really happy too cause I got alot more bike out of it since it was last years model.
Here are some pictures of him:












It took me forever to load those up. I'm going to be done for the night, but I will write more tomorrow about the new found fever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like your bike! I don't remember the last time that I rode one. I am not sure I would get on one today if given the chance.
Good luck though with riding it to and from work.
I hope that everything is good with you guys.
Talk to you later.
Dani