Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Some People Do...Why Can't I?

 Some people make a living out of doing what they love...why can't I?  Don't get me wrong I'm not a great sewer but, I can sew a straight line and piece things together and I could get better with practice.  But, I've been so busy that I haven't had very much time to do the things that I really enjoy like sewing and digital scrap booking.  I can be very crafty and I feel I do a good job at it, I feel creative and happy.  Now, why can't I make a career of this and feel creative and happy instead of having such a time consuming, stressful job?
 Enough babbling! 
I starting thinking about this because over the weekend I made my sister this car seat cover.  She is expecting her first little baby boy in the next couple weeks. 
I thought it turned out so freaking cute!  I don't mean to toot my own horn but I really don't sew much and my experience is all from my 7th grade sewing class.  Yes, since then I've done quite a few things but, I've had to teach myself.  So, sometimes I end up impress myself as well! :)  I went to Swiss days and thought about getting her one there just because I thought I wouldn't have the time but decided against it because I couldn't find one that I liked so I went to the fabric mill in Orem and found this fabric that I fell in love with and set off to make the cover.  It turned out so much better
 than I thought it would and cuter than anything I saw at Swiss days. 
I loved the colors of the fabric and the big red buttons!  I especially loved the gray poke a dot fabric on the back and straps.  Oh, and the green Ric rack around the edges, how cute is that?  I know humility is a virtue but I feel like tooting my own horn!  :)

I loved doing it too.  It felt good to actually take time to do something that I enjoyed.  I love creating things.



So, I'm telling you...I can be for hire! I can do car seat covers, invitations, and/or announcements. :)


Here are the invitations I made for her shower.  I used the frog one because it seemed more "baby shower" but i loved the colors of the other one too! :)  I also made matching return address labels with the little frogs, dragon flies, turtles, and bugs. 




No comments: