So, many of you who know me will be very surprised about this post because it came as a surprise to me!! :) But, I like running! Seriously, I have tried this all before but never really found it enjoyable and always felt like it was punishment for not being naturally skinny!
But, at the beginning of March I got an email for a girl in my ward that she she was getting a group together to go running in the mornings 3 times a week. This seemed perfect, other than I didn't run! So, I emailed back saying I was in if they could move the time from 6:30am to 6:15am and I let her know I was not a runner. But, being one of the sweetest people I have come to know write back and told the group that the new time was at 6:15am and she wanted me there! Well, now I had to go the time changed for me...and I did.
I got up stinkin early to meet the group on the corner...just grateful that first morning was a 2 1/5 mile walk/jog. But, soon there was no walking. Sometimes me and another girl were left walking while everyone went ahead because I couldn't keep up. I remember that first day one of the girls said that "running is addicting" I laughed in my head and thought, "I hate running how could anyone think it is fun or addicting!" As the weeks went on I began to find myself liking it a little more each time and it became a game to see how far I could go. Now, understand to someone who is an avid runner this post is a joke but for me a was SO OUT OF SHAPE and couldn't stand running more than 5 minutes at a time. But, I was determined to get better. So, outside of the regular runs with the group I would go running by myself to see how far a could go. The first time I went out was just to see if I could go 1 MILE!!! Yes, I felt like I was back in 7th grade. But, I did it. 1 mile running, 1 walking, and a 3rd running. It felt good and I couldn't wait to go with the group again to try out my new found mile. Then it was 1 1/2 miles, then 2. I was so happy when I ran two miles without stopping I text the group to celebrate! :) Lame I know! :) But, then one Saturday I just decided I was staying with the other girls and doing THREE miles. I DID!!! Oh, and I sprinted the last 30 yards and threw up when we were done! Since then I have ran 3 miles 3 times a week (well only for 2 weeks) and even though I still get excited I have to stop throwing up arms up in the air and yelling, "I just ran a 5K!" It think after the 5th time it is no longer news to anyone. But, for someone who has hated running this is huge for me!
I may be experiencing a little bit of the ADDICTION that girl was talking about because I love the days we run and I think about running the days we don't. I talked to the group and I think we are going to add another day a week. I love it...It's sick I know! :)
So, I got me some good running shoes that I LOVE...
Ryan got me a new sports bra, socks, and running shirt for Mother's Day
All of which I am in love with and make going even better because I get to wear new stuff! :)
Oh, and I've lost 15 lbs since March 1st...so, that has been an added bonus! :)


6 comments:
So that partially explains Ryan's post on Facebook about getting a group together to ride a big ride next year. Good for both of you!
K-so where do you get that sports bra?
Good for you lady! I have found that I feel the same way about running... and am slowly finding enjoyment in it!
PS your boy is ADORABLE!
Hooray for running!!! I'm so proud of you!!! And I say u can celebrate everytime you run!! I do!!
yea! I totally understand, it is an addicion, and everytime I see someone out running I feel like crying out of jealousy! 4 weeks after I have this baby I am going to start again, (and there will probably be throwing up and walking involved) but I am so happy you like it! Such a fun hobby. we will have to plan a race to do together at the end of the summer! U rock girl (and cute shoes!)
It is VERY addicting! I just started in February. I went 6 1/2 miles on Saturday and can't wait to go again, in fact I am quite grumpy because I didn't go today. . .WTG! I need a new sports bra that really works so I don't have to wear two. . .Do you like your new one?
Post a Comment