Sunday, May 3, 2009

Refashion #2 & 3

Well, here are a few other things that I have refashioned. It has been really fun to learn how to sew better! Thanks to everyone for all the ideas and tutorials!
A shirt to a skirt

This one turned out to be my favorite! I just really loved the colors in the fabric. And, although it looks like a smaller original...it went from a large shirt to a so cute little girls dress!

This is the back of the dress. The shirt already had this gathered part and I didn't want to lose the detail so I just made it smaller to fit the size of the dress. Also, these two projects were my first attempts at a "gather"...it is such a simple thing but looks so cute! :)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

cuuuuute! you are one talented girl. Who are you doing all of this for? I still need to hook up with you for cards. I'm starting to think I should just order some to save both of us the headache! :)

Jess said...

LOVE it, i think i will make one just like it from my old shirt, that is just like yours! (the dress one)

Lisa B. said...

So cute!!! So I was thinking you have a red Cannondale, I have a blue Felt....LOTOJA 2010????