FRIDAY
I applied for a new job early last week with the company that I work for and I received a phone call Friday that I got it! I am really excited! Other than I will be commuting to SLC. I will be the Director of a new day program for people with disabilities. Most of the people who go there are from our facilities but when it is a better program we will have another 20 slots for people in the community. Our company took over the program about 3 months ago but I guess the other director did not get any new contracts or work for the people there so they colored 8 hours a day for about 3 months. So I get to go in there and basically build a program from nothing! I am very excited about this. I know it will be a challenge but this is my kind of thing. So, yea! for the new job (I will start in about a month). After work Ryan and I went and bought a new grill. A couple

of weekends ago we drove to St. George to pick up some DHL vans and they paid us...so we used that for the grill. We have been waiting anxiously. Ryan spent the next couple of hours putting it together while I set up the tent. What? Tent you might ask, well... In the name of Mother's Day Ryan bought me a new sleeping bag so we decided to try it out in the back yard!
After Ryan finished the grill and before we camped out...only until 1:00am because Chase would not settle down in the text to sleep and I kept telling Ryan to put him in the house so that WE could sleep his response was, "No, he needs to learn to sleep in a tent!" Needless to say he did not learn that night. Ok, so before all of this Ryan had to make a steak on his new grill at 9:30pm...which I only had a bite of! Only one bite for me because of what happens on Saturday mornings...
SATURDAY
Every Saturday morning we wake up early and go to Weight Watchers. This was an especially good Saturday morning because I made two of my goals...#1 I have officially lost 50 lbs (51 to be exact). #2 because it is 51 lbs I am finally in the weight range that WW says I should be in. In other words...I am no longer "over weight" according to Weight Watchers! :) So because of this "mile stone" I wanted to share a picture of the before and after. Many of you will not remember the before because it mostly happened in AZ but here we go.... The before was taken the weekend before we started WW:
BEFORE
AFTER
Nothing like a picture to let you know how over weight you really are! This is not the official after it is just the 50 lb after. 15 - 20 more to go for the final goal. And yes I had Ryan take a picture just for this purpose...I know lame!
Anyway, moving on with the "What a Weekend"... we went shopping Saturday morning and I got a bunch of stuff in the name of Mother's Day even though I am not a mother. And when Ryan said, "you don't need that. You're not a mother." "My response was, "Really? Are you really going to through that out there?" And then I would get to buy the whatever! :) I pulled the pity card all day. We decided to skip the regular Saturday bike ride and go see "What happens in Vegas". We both really liked it. After the movie I went home and ate some of the yummy strawberries that we bought at Costco....they may just be the biggest, reddest strawberries I have ever seen. See:
this is a picture of a normal sized strawberry compared to the huge massive strawberries that we got. :)
After the strawberries we went to the Bee's game with some friends. It was cold but they won. Yea! It was really fun!
SUNDAY:
Happy Mother's Day! After church we went to my parents house for yummy Mother's Day fajitas and a little kick ball with our nieces and nephews. We love our moms and it was just a really nice day to spend with family!
The best part about the entire weekend was that I spent it with my best friend.
Now I am super tired and ready to go to bed! What can you say after a fun weekend like this? "What a Weekend"!

12 comments:
Nici, you look FANTASTIC! :-) Congratulations on your success.
Congrats on the job!That sounds like a great opportunity.
Also, you look amazing. I'm so impressed with you! Sounds like thing are going really well. We'll get together soon.
Wow! That really was a weekend. I have a lot to comment on. First and foremost way to go on the 51 lbs!!! I love that you took before and after pics. It's fun to see the difference! Pretty amazing.
Second way to go on the new job. How fun to do your own thing.
Third, your house looks really cute. I want to see it.
Fourth, I am a HUGE fan of the HUGE strawberies at Costco. Not only are they giaganto but they taste soooo good. Better than anywhere.
FInally happy mother's day to you. SOmetimes guys need a kick in the pants to get the idea, huh? Final 3 this week on Idol!! Whoo-hoo. Go David's.
CONGRATS!!!! you look amazing, good job, i'm so proud of you.
Wow Nici you look hot! Congrats on your awesome accomplishment!
Nici-
You look awesome! Great work!
That is SO great, Nici! Congrats to you! You really do look amazing! YOu should be very proud! That takes a lot of will power!
NICI!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! 51 POUNDS! THAT IS CRAZY! GOOD JOB! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!
Nici:
I am glad that you liked goose girl at the end. I forgot to tell you that it is a bit slow at the beginning... I started Enna burning, but never finished... so don't force yourself to read it if you don't like it. I had a hard time getting into it and I heard that it is not as good as Goose Girl, so that should give you a good idea!
Nici, you look great. Glad to see you guys are doing well. ARe you glad to be back in Utah?
Dang girl you look good! Good job and Congrats! You are my hero... maybe you can help me after I have this baby. All this sitting around has gotten me SERIOUSLY out of shape!
Hey--I tried to call you guys a few weeks ago, but some weirdo answered. I don't think they should be allowed to recycle phone numbers. How do I get a hold of you guys now?
Post a Comment