Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Square and Bucks

Well, before Pat left we all had to go to Temple Square and see the lights but coming straight from AZ we needed something to keep us toasty warm so we went to Starbucks. This is how the story goes.... we had 6 people in the car and 5 wanted hot chocolate. Ryan and I ran into the Sarbucks at the Gateway to get 5 peppermint white hot chocolates. I guess it was a lot easier said than done. We got two of our drinks and then two other people got their orders. Then they gave us 4 other drinks and said that one was a mistake but that we could take them all. So we loaded up the cup carrier with 6 drinks and headed to the car. Ryan thought it would be funny to try to beat me to the car so he ran off pretty quick but as I was walking I wanted to taste a hot one so I took a big sip and to my surprise it was not peppermint hot chocolate, yes it was a fat cup of hot coffee...with peppermint. As I ran out of Starbucks to catch Ryan I couldn't yell because I had a mouthful of coffee...Yuck. I sit it out in the nearest garbage and called for Ryan. All 4 drinks were coffee. Needless to say we ended up going back and some how leaving with 7 peppermint white hot chocolates. It was a long process but it kept us warm and we walked through the lights.Let me know if anyone else has gone to Temple Square this year because we thought that it was not as lit up as usual. It was still really cool but there were a lot of blank trees. In fact, Ryan and I went driving around last night to see Christmas and we drove down entire streets without lights. I think that people forgot to have that Christmas cheer shining bright for all to see. We were kind of disappointed and decided to come home. Although, the lights that did have lights looked really great! I really do enjoy being home for Christmas!


Yes, I do have sandals on...I didn't have any shoes. I never needed them in AZ :) But, I do now...moving was a good excuse to go shopping for shoes and warm clothes.

4 comments:

Jess said...

How fun! I haven't seen the lights yet, but I will let you know what I thought. I think people are just slow getting their Christmas decorations up this year... except me! When can you play!? Let me know!

Dede said...

How fun! Sounds like a perfect Utah Christmas night to me!

Anonymous said...

what up. so just letting yall know that i had a killer time in utah and i would like to go back somtime, but not to help ya move, jk. anywhoo....hope all is well. tell chase im still going to adopt him sooner or later becasue he is my mountain climbing buddy. o yeah i got my sooooooovie of the moose on my key chain. AWESOME. i know right....take er' easy

love patty charles

lisa louise said...

i'm glad your back. and i was wondering about the sandles, you crazy girl. you have lived in utah before right! haha.
talk to you soon.
lisa