Saturday, October 6, 2007

Weight Watchers Groupies

Today makes one month that we have been on Weight Watchers and I am a big fan! We decided to do this together, well, I asked Ryan to do this with me and he was supportive and has stuck with it...Thanks Ry! So, after going to the meeting each week and counting our points Ryan has lost 12 lbs. and I have lost 15 lbs. We are really happy and look forward to weighing in each week. We have really become aware of the things we are eating and it is good that we have each other when one of us gets weak and just wants a cheeseburger and strawberry shake from In & Out Burger :). One thing I really like about the Weight Watcher philosophy is that they just encourage you to "move more". They don't say, "Do this" or "Do that" in order to lose weight they just say to move more than you have been. It makes you feel good about doing what ever you can and also that anything counts. We have really tried to just "move more". We have been playing tennis a couple of times a week and I even tried to go running with Chase but he kept thinking we were playing and jumping on me and I got really bad shin splints (not because of Chase's jumping). I keep forgetting I am not as athletic and I once was. With my birthday coming up I have asked for a road bike so that we can go riding together. Ryan rides his a few times a week and has to leave me behind so hopefully if I get this sweet present than it is just one more thing we can do to support each other and to be more active. I have just really enjoyed doing this program and having this chance to become healthier.

No comments: