Well, this week I have been a bit absent for blogging because I was in Utah with my family for a funeral. It seems like a funeral is always a good time for reflection and to think about the things that are truly important to you. This week I thought about things that I am really grateful for especially because the death of my cousin came as a shock and was very unexpected I thought of things that give me comfort during rough situations like this was.
1) I am grateful for my knowledge of the gospel and the atonement. When I find it difficult to put myself in someone elses shoes it is comforting to know that Jesus Christ knows. He is the only one who has experienced all things and knows exactly what we are feeling. It is comforting to know that God is just and merciful. We all make mistakes but God knows the true intentions of our hearts. I love the gospel and the peace it brings me.
2) I am grateful for the knowledge that families are FOREVER! In a rough situation my family is a good one to be apart of. You say family reunion and no one can come but you say funeral and everyone is on the next plane out. We had family come in from New York, Colorado, North Carolina, California, and Arizona. It was good to see everyone again and be able to laugh, cry, and strengthen family bonds. I love my family!
3) I am grateful for good friends who support me and my family in a time of need. For good friends who fed my husband while was gone and all the kindness that was shone on my families behalf.
I am grateful for so much more but this is a good start.
2 comments:
Thanks for this, Nic. You have such a great perspective! It was such a neat experience to see the support of our family for Emer. (Did you also see his Guest Book online?) Though the situation is still shocking and confusing to me, I am grateful to have prayer and Lisa.
Anyway, it was great to see you. Let me know how you're doing. (I just realized that I don't have your e-mail.) Tell Ryan 'hi'.
Always great to see your comments on our blog. No, Mike doesn't do the blogging thing, I am the one that usually gets on here. He will look at the pics sometimes and the comments as well.
Our house is out by Southside Elementary. We are looking forward to moving, as we have been living with Mike's parents for some time now.
We hope to see you guys sometime soon out here.
Love,
Mike, Lindsay and Boys
Post a Comment